AFC Events Archive 2010 - 2012
- Nov 15, 2012 - ACE/AFC Chili Cook-Off & Grub Fest
- Oct 25, 2012 - AFC Fall Luncheon - Featuring Guest Speaker Dan Fox
- Oct 20, 2012 - AFC Football Tailgating
- July 31, 2012 - Bingo in the Park (joint event with ACE Council)
- May 11, 2012 - AFC End of Semester Social
- April 19, 2012 - AFC Spring Luncheon
- December 16, 2012 - AFC End of Semester Social
- December 2, 2011 - Golden Candlelight Walk
- November 22, 2011 - 3rd Annual AFC Family of Mines Bake Sale and Silent Auction
- October 27, 2011 - AFC Fall Luncheon - Featuring Guest Speaker Terry Parker
- October 22, 2011 - AFC Tailgate
- September 23, 2011 - AFC Fall Social at the Geology Museum
- January 14, 2011 - AFC Night at Men's and Women's Basketball Games, Orediggers vs. Adams State: The Athletics Department hosted a reception in the McNeil room, with food, beverages and a great atmosphere!
- December 17, 2010 - End of Semester Social: Everyone had a lot of fun celebrating the end of the Fall semester at the Old Capitol Grill in Golden.
- December 3, 2010 Olde Golden Christmas Candlelight Walk: A great time was had by all, as AFC members celebrated the season with the rest of the Golden community.
Esther Henry, Gary Bowersock, and Tricia Douthit-Paulson at the Golden Candlelight Walk:
- November 23, 2010 - 2nd Annual Family of Mines Book Award Bake Sale, Contest ;and Silent Auction: We raised almost $900 for the Family of Mines Book Award! Thanks to all who volunteered, donated baked goods and bid on items. And special thanks to our judges: Derek Wilson, ARAMARK's Chef John, Cathy Daniels and Dr. Ramona Graves.
Broncos Tickets Raffle winner: Lin Sherman, Career Center
Congrats to our baking contest winners:
In the Cake Category:
Kate Van Susante, Student Health Center
Black Russian Cake
In the Pie Category:
Ginny Lee, CCIT
Mini Cherry Tarts
In the Sweet Bread/Pastry Category:
Ron Brummet, Student Development & Academic Services
In the Cookie/Candy Category:
Julie Coakley, Strategic Enterprises
- AFC School Supply Drive - October 5 - October 29, 2010: We collected over six huge boxes of school supplies for the Jefferson County Action Center. This fall the Action Center distributed more than 3,800 school supply packets. The Action Center was also able to partner with 18 high-need schools and home school networks to provide an additional 1,000 school supply bags.
The Jefferson County Action Center has been in existence since 1968 and is a human service non-profit that provides “an immediate response to basic human needs and promotes a pathway to self-sufficiency through intervention, prevention and connection”. Annually, the Action Center provides assistance to more than 25,000 Jefferson County households. For additional information about services provided by the center, visit http://www.jeffcoac.org/.
- Friday, April 16th, 2010 - AFC Spring Luncheon: We recognized new and retiring members and presented Years of Service awards, introduced and recognized Family of Mines scholarship recipients, presented the Connected Learning Community Award, gave AFC updates, and Provost Steve Castillo was our featured speaker.